Chapter – 7
An Imperial Capital: Vijayanagara
In this post, we have given the Important Questions of Class 12 History Chapter 7 (An Imperial Capital: Vijayanagara) in English. These Important Questions are useful for the students who are going to appear in class 12 board exams.
|Board||CBSE Board, UP Board, JAC Board, Bihar Board, HBSE Board, UBSE Board, PSEB Board, RBSE Board|
|Chapter no.||Chapter 7|
|Chapter Name||(An Imperial Capital: Vijayanagara)|
|Category||Class 12 History Important Questions in English|
1 Marks Questions
Q1: Who was / were the founder of Vijay nagar Empire ?
Ans: Two brothers Harihara & Bukka.
Q2: In which Area Gajapati rulers were rulling.
Q3: Local communities of merchants were known by which name ?
Ans: Kudirai Chetty.
Q4: How many dynasties were exercised control on Vijay nagar Empire?
Ans: (Sangam, Saluvas, Tuluvas, Aravidu)
Q5: What is the present name of Vijaynagar
Q6: Write the name of Capital / Capitals of Vijayanagar Empire.
Ans: Vijaynagar, Penukonda, Chandragiri, respectively.
Q7: Battle year of the Talikota?
Ans: 1565 C.E.
Q8: Battle of Talikota was also known as another name –
Ans: Rakshasi – Tangradi
Q9: Who was the chief minister of Vijayanagar at that time?
Ans: Rama Raya.
Q10: Who was Abdur Razzaq.
Ans: An Ambassador sent by the ruler of Persia to calicut .
Q.11.Who was Colonel Colin Mackenzie?
- a).An employee of the English East India Company.
- b).Ruins at Hampi were brought to light in 1800
Q.12 What do you know about Gopuram?
Ans: Gopuram is a large pyramidal tower constructed over the entrance gate of a temple.
Q.13 What do you know about Mandpam?
Ans: Mandapam were pillared outdoor hall for public rituals
Q14 Why do you think agricultural tracts were incorporated within the fortified area?
Ans. To be prepared for their protection against the sieges
Q15: Hampi town is located in the bank of which river.
Ans. It is located on the bank of Tungabhadra river.
Q16:- Who was Colin Mackenzie?
Ans. He was a famous engineer, surveyor and humanist.
Q17: How did the water requirements problems solved in Vijayanagar Empire?
Ans. The natural reservoir, providing water for Vijayanagar is Tungabhadra River.
3 Marks Questions
Q18.Describe the main features of the temples in Vijayanagara Empire.
1. Architects were influenced by the Indo-Islamic architectural styles.
2. Huge structure of temple.
3. Gopuram and Mandapas.
4. Temples were the symbol of Kings Power and resource.
5. Building of story upon story above the “garbhagriha” called Vimana.
6. Architecture was ‘Dravida Style’ but it had its own distinct features.
7. Temples have a Kalyanamandapa, used to music, dance, drama etc.
Q19. How were the water requirements of Vijayanagara met?
- The water requirements of Vijayanagara were met by the river Tungabhadra.
- Tanks were made to overcome this problem.
- Kamalapuram tank was used for irrigation and the needs of the royal centers.
- Hiriya canal was the most prominent water work.
Q20. What is Amara – Nayaka System?
Ans. It was a major political innovation of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- Many features of this system were derived from Delhi Sultanate.
8 Marks Questions
Q.21.Describe the main causes responsible for the downfall of Vijayanagara Empire.
Ans. Weakness of the Central Government.
- Weak successor.
- Rules of the different dynasties.
- Continuos struggles against Bahamani Empire.
- Role of Army.
- Battle of Talikota.
Q22. Describe the salient features of the administration of Vijayanagara Empire.
- The King.
- Cabinet minister.
- Provincial Government.
- Local administration.
- Judicial administration.
- Financial administration.
- Amar Nayak System.
Q23. Describe the contribution of Krishnadeva Raya the greatest King of the Vijayanagara.
- His period is characterized by expansion and consolidation.
- Broad toleration prevailed in his empire.
- After a series of battles Vijayanagara emerged as a strongest military power.
- Preach and Prosperity.
- Efficient administration under his sway.
- Productive agriculture.
- Flourished inland coastal and overseas trade.
- He was a great builder.
- He was a scholar of Telugu and patron of Telugu, Kannada and Tamil poets.
- He was a man of justice.
We hope that Class 12 History Chapter 7 (An Imperial Capital: Vijayanagara) Important Questions in English helped you. If you have any queries about class 12 History Chapter 7 (An Imperial Capital: Vijayanagara) Important Questions in English or about any other notes of class 12 History in English, so you can comment below. We will reach you as soon as possible…